January 1922- May 2009
Things I love and want to remember about Grandma Olsen:
Her rolls
Her butter potato breakfasts with cream of Weber milk
How we weren't allowed to touch the walls in her house (which is something that I now understand but as a child tried to exploit.)
How she made me feel that I was always her favorite
How she called me Rebecca, Kathleen, Mary Jo, and finally Jenny
How she called me Rebecca, Kathleen, Mary Jo, and finally Jenny
She is the hardest worker I know
Hearing stories about her weeding and gardening beets as a child
Sneaking peas from her garden before dinner time
Wearing pink fuzzy socks and sliding down her immaculately clean and slippery hallway
The way she saved even the last spoonful of food in Tupperware in her fridge
When she would take home leftovers for the cats
She loved animals
Her hugs, and the way she smelled
Christmas was always more special at her house
Chatting about everything on the couch in her kitchen
The blocks with everyone's name on them
Her laundry shoot, and helping her do wash
The flower bed
The hot water bottle that she gave me when I was sick
Listening to her talk about her homecoming dance
The love she had for everyone, especially my Grandpa
Her stubbornness and Independence
Listening to her curse for the first time
Camping in the canyon
Watching her welcome everyone into our family
Her hugs, and kisses
"Grandma you look so pretty," "oh Jenny I never looked pretty a day in my life."
How she never was older than 29+
How she keeps all of us as a family together
Her big tinted glasses... she was in fashion before the rest of us
Her ever giving heart
How much I'll miss her
Getting her hair done and never going anywhere where there was wind
Seeing her hair white for the first time
Knowing she was the coolest Grandma
Her house, the farm, and the land we played
Sitting on her lap while she read me stories
Watching her face light up when I played the piano
How much I love her

1 comment:
I will never forget meeting your grandma. I think we ate some rhubarb crisp...maybe I'm making that up. I do remember her very clean house and her loving smile. I had such a great time at your family reunion so many years ago. I could tell she was such a great lady from the few times I was around her. She reminds me so much of my own beloved Grandma.
Post a Comment