Monday, May 3, 2010

Easter

As I said earlier we went to some friends for Easter. We started to settle in, had a great meal, and decided the kids could go play outside with the other kids. Less than 10 minutes later Russ came running in with Wyatt who was bloody from his nose down to his bellybutton. He had done a belly flop off their trampoline onto the gravel and happened to catch himself with his face. He had a bloody nose, cut lip, and lots of scrapes and bruises. After we got the bleeding under control and things started to settle down he eventually had had it and fell asleep in my arms. I love this photo; Wyatt was tiny the last time he fell asleep in my arms. I loved just holding my baby, and spent nap time enjoying every minute of just Mom and Wyatt time. While Wyatt and I were lounging, the rest of the family was outside playing "Nerf wars." This was Evan and Russell's team. I love Evan's attitude! He had a blast and actually was pretty good, during the "kid round" he won the match. After Wyatt woke up, and the wars had subsided the kids were ready to hunt for eggs. Our friends go clear over the top with toys, candy, and little trinkets. The kids had a great time looking for eggs. Wyatt got to go out a few minutes earlier than the bigger kids because he is so young. He appreciated the time because after the big kids were let loose he didn't get too many more eggs.
Evan looking for eggs. I think they were both a little spoiled this year. Thanks so much to our gracious hosts for all their hard work and love they put into each gathering. If you look close you can see a few of Wyatt's scrapes on his nose.

After the kids have their hunt; we do an adult Easter Egg hunt. These eggs consist of money and are camouflage and super hard to find. Here is Russ with his home made "Easter Basket." We both walked away with money which is so worth it for us; I think for the "parents" it is more fun for them to watch us hunt for the eggs. Hunt is an understatement considering we are lifting lawn mowers, and shingles, digging in the dirt, crawling under the deck and vehicles, etc. I think the onlookers enjoy it as much as we do.

No comments: