Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mom's Day!

I love Mother's Day!
 Evan made me a coupon book and some special stories he wrote for me from school.
 Wyatt made me a cute apron at school with a picture of us and his handprints on it.
 On Saturday we went up to Dry Wash and had a cook out.
 Even though it was still early spring the kids were so tempted to get their feet in the water.
 Lola still doesn't let us do her hair, and hates to wear shoes; she looks so cute but is always chushy!
 Trying to collect some rocks while not losing her treats
 Wyatt being brave enough to get a little wet, he was in for about 30 seconds before he said it was too cold and had to get out
 The boys got out on this raft, they thought it was anchored down, little did they know the shore was moving further away as they started to drift out into the middle of the lake. Luckily Russ and I were able to get them back with a stick!
 Ivy slept through  most of our adventure which was good because her allergies are so bad this year. Once she woke up her eyes goopied up and her nose started to run; poor girl.
 Russ teaching the boys how to be "manly men!"
 He let them put in the started grasses and little sticks,
 then he let them take turns trying to light the fire,
 Wyatt getting some valuable instruction,
 and trying to take his turn at getting it started.
 They did a good job of getting us a good fire going for hot dogs and marshmellows
 Lola tried to light her own fire on the side.
 Blowing on the wood
This is probably my favorite picture of the day. She is so dirty and so chushy but I love it. She just loves to play and doesn't care what she looks like which is great when your 1.
 
I love being a Mom so much. I am so grateful for each of my children; and a loving husband who works so hard so I can stay at home and with our great children every day. I couldn't imagine a more crazy, wonderful, challenging, or rewarding job in this whole world. I am grateful to be part of a loving family, who at the end of the day: loves me with all their hearts!

No comments: