Growing up... I believed that Christmas Trees came from lots. I knew there was the possibility of cutting one, just never had the opportunity. Since we have lived so close to the mountain I insist that we cut our own. I love the experience, Russ not so much. I'm kidding. Russ likes it but the majority of work falls on him and until this year, we have chosen to cut our tree on the worst weather day of the year. This year was Russells turn to choose our tree. This year the weather was great. It wasn't too cold and the boys were able to enjoy it, instead of having to sit in the car while dad chopped down the tree in the snow. Evan was so excited to put the "tag" on our tree and helped me pick pine cones for our mantle while dad cut down our tree.

Without having to fight the snow, cutting, loading, and tagging our tree took all of 15 minutes. Which was great because the boys were getting tired and ready to go home for naps.


No comments:
Post a Comment