Evan has hit a phase where he thinks it is appropriate to throw food on the floor. Almost every mealtime at our house now requires wash cloths, the broom, and lots of napkins. Everything that is around him he throws on the floor: silverware, food, cups, napkins; it is really getting out of hand. So on Saturday I decided to punish him for it. In my head I'm thinking okay what is the natural consequence: you throw food on the floor so you clean it up. He threw food on the floor and I told him he'd have to clean it up.
He picked up most of the food with his hands and then we told him he needed to bring out the broom, and sweep up the rest.
Looks like he is really hating his punishment. Huh? He thought it was a blast, it totally backfired and he thought it was the coolest thing in the world to get to sweep.
He picked up most of the food with his hands and then we told him he needed to bring out the broom, and sweep up the rest.
Looks like he is really hating his punishment. Huh? He thought it was a blast, it totally backfired and he thought it was the coolest thing in the world to get to sweep.It didn't have the effect that I wanted because now when I tell him he'll have to clean it up if he throws food he's not stressed about it because he likes to pull out the broom.


1 comment:
Oh thats pretty funny. I think you should take advantage of his "like" of work. I have Enoch clean the floor around the table everyday as his Job- we have the same prob with messes. (he uses the little vacuum). Having a job makes him feel important- it works great for us!
Post a Comment