Lola was born on a Friday afternoon after 16.5 hours of labor. Which let me tell you is no easy feat. My water broke on Thursday night and we headed out to Shiprock, NM which is 2 hours away to check into the hospital. We were a little stressed because Evan's labor was so quick that we were worried about making the trip. She was delivered in NM because that is the closest facility to Blanding that will allow a VBAC. Upon arrival my contractions were 2-4 minutes apart and I was excited because I thought we would be meeting her soon thereafter.
I know this is not the most flattering shot but It was the first one of her. In my face you can see joy and love but also a "little" exhaustion.
As the morning progressed however my labor slowed and toward early afternoon I was given PIT to help my labor along. It took more PIT then they expected to get my labor to go and I was so stressed about having to have another c-section because I was just not progressing.
Around 2:00 I finally started to progress to a 10 and was able to try to get her out. Luckily that part went quickly and before I knew it she was on my chest crying her little heart out, which to me is the best sound when having a baby.
She of course is perfect. 10 fingers and 10 toes and lots of hair. She looks a lot like me as a baby, and is growing into her skin with a little chub each and every day.
I was so relieved, excited, exhausted, and full of love when I saw her for the first time. Having a new baby is the most uplifting and gratifying experience that I think we as people will ever have in our lives. At least it is for me. She has had a hold on my heart long before she came out; but seeing her for the first time has left an imprint upon my heart that will last forever.
Already she has daddy wrapped around her little finger. She's already figured that out and uses it to her advantage when she can.
Russ and I stayed in the hospital for 1 day and then decided to come home. I was really looking forward to recovering in my own space. Bringing her home was fun, probably the funniest and most embarrassing part is that Russ and I forgot how to put the car seat in the car and ended up waiting for about 45 minutes in the parking lot while Russ and I fought about how to get it in.
Evan and Wyatt welcoming Lola to our home for the first time. She has them wrapped around their fingers as well. They love to give her tons of kisses and loves; and can't wait for her to get a little bigger so they can play with her more. As of now they give kisses, sing to her, and watch her in her swing. They also help burp her and throw away her dirty diaper which is a great help to mom.
Wyatt loves to hold her but is still pretty small himself so he needs help, which he does not like to accept. When she came home his reaction has been ever welcoming and he says she is cute and loud.
Evan can hold her on his own with close supervision. He loves to hold her, and sings to comfort her when she cries. I love his big heart and love to watch him care for her. We brought her home on Saturday and he went to church on Sunday with my mom. While in primary he was asked what he thought about his new sister and he said the she was gorgeous. He has quite the vocabulary for a 4 year old and he loves to use his big words to impress others. But that day he got it right. Lola is GORGEOUS.
Lola we love you so much and are so glad that you came into our family. You have already blessed our home and family so much. I love watching you grow and explore your new world each and everyday. Thank you for choosing to bless our family with your presence.
Lola we love you so much and are so glad that you came into our family. You have already blessed our home and family so much. I love watching you grow and explore your new world each and everyday. Thank you for choosing to bless our family with your presence.

No comments:
Post a Comment