Ivy we love you so much! You are such a great blessing in our lives. I wanted you to know about the day your were born. Just be prepared there are a lot of pictures.... what else am I if not a proud mommy!
Here is the before picture of Mommy. Needless to say you took up a lot of space and I was really excited to have you out.
You were born on a cool Tuesday morning in October. I had been having contractions for a couple weeks but was hoping not to go into full labor because you were breech and I was hoping you would turn around.
When your due date came and you hadn't turned the Doctor, Daddy, and I decided that I would have a C-Section in order to get you out.
So on the 18th at 5:30 in the morning we arrived at the hospital to prep for surgery. After a couple hours of prep work at 7:13 am you were out of my tummy and I heard you cry for the first time. That is the best sound in the world for a mom.
Needless to say Mommy was really tired after surgery; these pictures are not flattering at all but they are real and that is what is more important than always looking good.
After surgery I also couldn't sit up for a long time so you got to lay in bed with me for awhile until I was able to sit up and actually hold you for the first time.
Daddy got to watch you be born, and said that it was amazing. They let me see you after they scrubbed you up a little bit, but I watched from the table the whole time.
Beautiful Little Feet!
It always amazes me how tiny you were and fast you've grown.
You were a screamer from the start and all of the nursing staff and doctors were amazed at how loud and persistent you were in your ability to cry after you were born.
You have a really high pitched scream; which I was glad to hear because it meant you were healthy.
Tiny Hands!
You were 7lbs 2 oz and 18 inches long
You love having your hands close to your face and managed to scratch yourself up pretty good in those first few days.
Daddy and I both were amazed at how perfect you are. You are such a beautiful baby.
Under that hat you had a full head of hair
While the Doctors were sewing Mommy back up; you got to hang out with Daddy while I recovered. He loved spending those first moments with you. It was a special day for both of us.
While I recovered they wheeled you off to the nursery with dad and I was able to see you a little later. I remember missing you even though we were only apart for an hour.
Proud daddy!
You loved being held and are a good baby. But when you get mad boy do you get mad. The nurses would come in from the station to make sure you were okay when you would scream, it was so loud.
Sleepover in Heber's Room
5 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment