Saturday, April 21, 2012

Russ' 1st 10K

Time for a little bragging, of my Hubby. Now I know he wont like this, but our blog is to document our life and he's a huge part of that, so I hope he'll bear with me.
 Russ has been working out a lot lately and has made a lot of progress towards meeting some big goals he has set for himself.
 One of those goals was to run a 10k. He was able to accomplish his goal this April and I was super proud. I was trying to get him to pose and all I got was a lot of laughing.
 We had to take him up to the start of the race early in the morning so I strapped in the kids and gave them a breakfast "on the go" I think Lola got more of her toast on her face than in her tummy!
 Russell ran the race with his dad. It was awesome to watch him work towards something and reach his goal.
 After the race they had the usual drinks, cookies, oranges, etc. Which were supposed to be for the runners. Luckily they had tons extra because Wyatt ate his weight in cookies that day!

The race was run here in Blanding so there weren't a ton of contestants. This was the group that ran that morning. Russ made it in just over an hour. I really am super proud of him and all he's been able to accomplish this spring.

No comments: