Thursday, September 2, 2010

Whose kids are these?

Don't get me wrong, I love my children very much, but on days like this..... I can't but help laugh and cry about the chaos they've created. On this particular day I had a primary meeting upstairs, I told the boys to play by themselves and they went downstairs and proceeded to spill 40lbs of dog food all over my basement. And spill is not the right word they didn't just dump it out, they strategically placed piles of it all over. They initially tried to feed the dogs and just put it in their bowls, but the chaos grew from there. they had is all over the floor, all over their kennels, the carpet, the couch, the hallway, and even the bathroom. Needless to say I was very upset, but when I walked downstairs I couldn't help but laugh. The look on their faces knew they were in trouble, but they were also a little proud of themselves too. As punishment I told them they needed to clean it all up on their own. They worked at it for over 3 hours and finally Russ and I had to sweep it all into piles and they picked up the piles a little better than their original plan.
Wyatt, bless his heart, was trying my patience the most because he decided it was best to pick up the dog food one piece at a time, which is why it took so long. :)
It constantly amazes me the mischief they can find/create and the short amount of time it takes to totally turn my world of order upside down. It amazes me more how their sweet smiles, and luvs and kisses can almost always melt my heart into submission and the whole situation can be forgotten.

No comments: