Family traditions are starting to be more important to me every year. One that I love is going to cut down our Christmas tree every year. I love being together as a family and enjoying an un-interupted day with them as we pick out, cut down, and decorate our tree each year.

The Keith Family Christmas Tree! Evan got the chance to pick out our tree this year. He did a great job. He was very particular and took a lot of time in choosing the perfect one. He helped Daddy cut it down and then helped carry it to the car. Luckily we went on a warm day so our only discouragement was the setting sun.

These are my favorite Christmas pictures. I love pics of my kids sleeping. I always try to take a couple pictures on Christmas morning. They don't appreciate the flash at all but it is only once a year so they tolerate it.

This year Russ and I woke up before the kids (we get just as excited to see them as bigger kids do for Christmas day) I love early Christmas morning when it is quite and the lights are on the tree before all the hustle and bustle starts; I love to just sit and listen to the quiet, smell the tree, and enjoy the peace I feel. When Russ and I can't wait any longer we go and get the kids and new
excitement starts to replace the quiet calm.

Do you think he's been naughty or nice?

The boy's taking in all that Santa left for them. You can tell Evan is excited, I love it.

Mommy helping Wyatt open his stocking
stuffers.

Grandma Kathleen helping Evan with bubbles. Abby was trying to sneak in a peek too.
Wyatt enjoying his new "gugga" (Blanket) and duck.
Uncles helping Wyatt get some more gifts open. Wyatt got a new hat from Uncle Jason and to this day he wears it at least once a day. It was one of his favorite gifts ever.
Enjoying the day together is probably my favorite feeling of the day. I am so grateful for my own family, and the moments we get to share together. Christmas this year was a great time for us to be together. I am glad that each year we get to celebrate our Savior and the great feelings that come when we allow him to touch our lives and the lives of our families.
No comments:
Post a Comment