Friday, April 2, 2010

Halloween and Turkey Day

Evan's FAVORITE holiday is Halloween. He looks forward to it every year. Of course we did pumpkins. He got to clean and cut his own this year. I helped him with the face but he put a lot of little knife marks in it; which when it was lit up created a super cool effect on the face of the pumpkin.
Getting ready to take out the guts.

Wyatt was a little less than interested. He liked to take the insides and eat them as opposed to throwing them out. He did like the feeling and Russ helped him put a face on his pumpkin as well.
Mom and Evan working on cutting out their pumpkins. Evan's hair is white because he had his school Halloween party earlier that day and was allowed to dress up; it was part of his costume.
Wyatt getting ready to attack his pumpkin.
This year Evan was a ghost, I made his costume which I didn't think would be that hard but seriously, I stressed over it more than was needed. He loved it and had a great time. He had a party at his school, we went to the carnival at the college, (he won 3 bottles of pop in the ring toss); and we topped it off with a Halloween party at our house and trick or treating. Wyatt was a Vampire. He looks so sad/mad in this photo. It was a long day to say the least and he hated wearing the cape. This was the best picture we got. I made his costume as well. He liked the fish pond at the carnival, and liked trick or treating until it got cold. Evan and Mom trick or treating, If you look close you can see Abby in the basket of the stroller. She came with us but was too distracted by all the other children to focus on walking so finally I decided to put her in the basket. Luckily she stayed and just enjoyed the ride.
The kids in their costumes before trick or treating. Jason dressed up as Bruce Lee and I also dressed up as a she-devil. Halloween was great and Evan has already started talking about trick or treating again this year. Hopefully Wyatt will like it more this year too; maybe a change in costume will lift his spirits.

For Thanksgiving we went to Russ' Grandparents house in Monument Valley. We had a great time and I met most of Russell's mothers family; most of whom I'd never met. This is a picture of Russ' family. We had fun however Evan got sick on the way down, so did Abby. So the drive was less than fun but we made it and luckily the kids slept the whole way home.
This year I was asked to make the pies for dessert. It was great. I made 10 pies for the occasion; a feat which until attempted I didn't know was possible. This picture was taken outside of Monument Valley, and holds everything that I am most grateful for.

No comments: