Because I am such a slacker and perfectionist; I have fallen far behind on our current doings. A perfectionist because I keep thinking I'll take the time to blog everything that I want the way I want and a slacker because the further I fall behind the more overwhelming the task seems and the farther I fall behind. But I am hoping to leave all that behind and move forward here is a very breif summary of what you missed this past summer.
My Dad bought the kids a set of golf clubs earlier this summer and Russ and the boys proceeded to spend every free minute on the course. The boys love to chip in our yard but their favorite is to actually go to the course in Monticello and play a round of golf, or hit a few buckets of balls with Dad.
We did lots of cooking out and even tried more camping this year. Camping was a nightmare because Wyatt was not so keen on all of us sleeping in a tent in the cold air; but Evan thought it was really fun. They both love to be on the mountain and cookout though. Which is great because as they get older we plan on doing more and more. Russ and I love to be outside and we're hoping it passes on to our offspring.
We spent some time with Russ' Grandparents who live in Monument Valley. It was good because the boys don't really know who they are but they had fun at their house and love to get to know more of their grandparents. Russ' parents only speak Navajo so Russ' mom came along to translate.
We went to the Hogle Zoo, the carosel was of course their favorite. They liked the park too, and each year they are warming up to the animal exhibits even more. Maybe next year we'll actually be able to look at the elephants. Wyatt seemed to like the animals more than Evan; who just wanted to rush through so he could ride the escalator at the mall.
While we were also up there we hit the West Bountiful fourth of July parade. My kids love a parade. Wyatt liked to watch and was pre occupied with a sucker for most of the parade. Evan loves to get the candy and waves at the "floats" passing by.
So I'm not too big into the matchey-matchey but how could you resist. They are just too cute.
We went to the Albequerque Zoo this year as well. I loved their zoo. They had a lot more animals and we must have gone at the right time because there were a lot of babies which was great. We got to feed the giraffe, and Evan loved playing in the park and riding the train. Wyatt liked chasing the birds that were rummaging around as we had lunch. My favorite were the hippos.
We went to the Olsen reunion and it was great to catch up with family. We don't get up to Logan very often so it was nice to see everyone. The boys had a great time at the park with their uncles. We ate, talked, and played games. I'm so glad we were able to see more of our families this summer; thanks to Russ' new job.
Here is us at the Hansen Planetarium. The boys had a great time. The exhibits were cool but they loved the toy by the stairs that has all the wheels, balls, and rotating cogs that spins and does whatnot. It took us a long time to finally leave because the boys were too busy.
Finally we decided to add a new edition to our family. Her name is Abby. She is as cute and as sweet as she looks. She is our "house dog" and the kids love her so much.
Sleepover in Heber's Room
5 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment