
The end of July is monsoon season down here and we get a lot of
flash flooding in the late afternoon/early evening. On this day it had been raining for about 2 weeks and they were tired of being cooped up after nap time so they begged to go outside after the flash flood stopped. I really didn't want them to get wet, or muddy (mostly because I didn't want to have to clean it up) so I hesitated. Then I remembered how much I loved to walk in the gutters, when they were full of water, when I was little and let the inner child come out and told them to go ahead and play. As you can see by the photo there wasn't a whole lot of water left when I took the photo but the kids were happy as ever. Thanks goodness my inner child won that battle. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment