Sunday, August 14, 2011

White Mesa Tournament

This summer we have been playing tons of softball. It has been a lot of fun, really hot, and I am so glad next summer I wont have to attempt the softball circuit pregnant again. One tournament Russ went to this year was in White Mesa, UT. White Mesa is a hole in the middle of no where. I swore up and down I wasn't going to go; but ended up not wanting to be left out so we hauled out the kids and spent most of the day there. Luckily White Mesa is only 15 minutes south of Blanding so during nap time Lola and I came back for a good air conditioned rest.
There is nothing out there and it is hot, hot, hot! As you can see we've set up the circus tents in trying to stay a little cooler. By the end of the day I swear is was above 90 degrees, it also blew so hard that you couldn't see from home to 3rd base, it also rained, and of course it wouldn't be White Mesa without the dust.

Wyatt playing hide and seek with the other kids.

Needless to say by the end of the day our kids were full true softball kids. Equipped with Gatorade mustaches, sweaty faces, dirty clothes, and flushed cheeks. Thank goodness for bug spray and sun screen.

Lola was quite the trooper as well. Softball is Russ' favorite past time and something we will probably do forever. Which is good, it is fun family time when we all get together. Evan and Wyatt loved the White Mesa tournament. They spent the day chasing fire ants, and lizards. The other day at the dinner table Evan asked when we could go back to White Mesa for softball because he just said "it was too much fun."

No comments: