On the 4th there is always a 5k and a Fun Run (1 mile) for the kids. This year Russ decided to commit to running the 5k in an attempt to get into better shape. I've wanted to run it the past few years but haven't been able to commit to a race due to the growing children inside my body. I decided however that Evan and I could handle the Fun Run and because this is a family day... Wyatt and Lola came along too.
About mid-June Russ hoped I had forgot, and decided he didn't want to do it. Being the lovingly pushy wife that I am I didn't let him off the hook totally and signed him up for the Fun Run instead.
The race was at 7:00 am and was bright and early for our kids, except Lola who had already been up for breakfast at 6:00 am.
Evan and I ran the whole way. I pushed the stroller too for over half of it, Then Russ and I switched. It was so much fun. Wyatt and Grandma ran/walked most of the way too. Next year I think Wyatt could make it the whole way, and It will be Lola and new baby in the stroller.
About mid-June Russ hoped I had forgot, and decided he didn't want to do it. Being the lovingly pushy wife that I am I didn't let him off the hook totally and signed him up for the Fun Run instead.
The race was at 7:00 am and was bright and early for our kids, except Lola who had already been up for breakfast at 6:00 am.
Evan and I ran the whole way. I pushed the stroller too for over half of it, Then Russ and I switched. It was so much fun. Wyatt and Grandma ran/walked most of the way too. Next year I think Wyatt could make it the whole way, and It will be Lola and new baby in the stroller.


No comments:
Post a Comment